Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Diner in the Dark - Black and White Wednesday # 78

Diner in the Dark

A local institution, The Colonial Diner is one of the last hold-outs for keeping the glow of neon going twenty-four hours a day.  With its concave stainless and enameled ceiling curved over vinyl, wine-colored upholstery and intricate tiling, it is a retro treat to stop in, even if only for a piece of pie and a cup of Joe.

This is my contribution to BWW #78, to be presented Wednesday, April 10, Indian time by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen.  Aparna, a very talented photographer with that elusive taste for black and white culinary shots, is guest hosting for Cinzia of Cindystar.  Ci is the stylish, relatively new hostess of this event whom I carefully vetted to assume the role vacated by me some months ago after my long run as creator.   It truly delights me that there are enough of us who appreciate the unique beauty of culinary shots stripped of their colors, an allusion to those same old times when food was, indeed, presented in but black and white photographs and illustrations. 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely clicks,Susan!! :)
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice image, Susan!
    I should get over my fear of taking photos of illuminated signs.
    I enjoyed also looking at their website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the font and how the photo comes out in B&W. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete