Friday, August 3, 2012

Announcing My Legume Love Affair 50 - Here This Month

MLLAAugustLogoFinal

It's been a while. A long while. Back in 2008, I created My Legume Love Affair as a one-off event. The response was astounding - 116 recipes to celebrate the delicious diversity of beans and their by-products in all shapes, sizes, colors, and textures. It was a fireworks of cuisines and courses, proving that the world knew better than the singularity of the little old green pea (no slight whatsoever to that sweet garden classic). It's been forty-nine months now, with the posting of Simona's July round-up today. And this month marks a milestone, the Big 5-O. It's been over four years and thousands of recipes later, that I am very happy to be hosting for August and personally conducting the random drawing/s for some very nifty giveaways:

1) The host prize, funded by me, will be novel for the occasion. Instead of the usual cookbook, I am assembling a box of tabletop props (both new and vintage) along with a color wheel and instructions so that one lucky winner can enjoy the spoils of my eagle eye for hunting down these sorts of photographic pleasures. This prize will be awarded to the winner regardless of her/his location (I will also pay for international shipping).

2) The Hurst Bean Prize, a selection of six products generously donated each month by N. K. Hurst Company, will also be awarded to a U.S. resident. (Export regulations prohibit shipping outside the U.S.) If the initial winner drawn randomly from the entire pool of participants is a U.S. resident, she/he will receive both the prop box prize and the Hurst Bean prize. In the event that the initial winner is a non-U.S. resident, a second random drawing will be conducted to award this prize.*

To participate, please prepare and post a recipe (linking to this announcement) to your blog using legumes as the featured ingredient. All cultures, cuisines (vegetarian, vegan, non-vegetarian), and courses are welcome.  Also included are recipes that use legume derivatives such as tofu or bean flours, as well as lesser-identified legumes such as carob, peanuts, alfalfa, fenugreek, and mesquite.  Your choices are far broader than dried beans.  For this event, please do keep to true legumes rather than the generic French vegetable term of l├ęgumes, which translates to any vegetable without regard to specifics. More information on legumes can be found here.

Once you have posted your recipe, please send your name, blog name, post link, photo 400 X 300 pixels either orientation, and location (for drawing purposes only; I will not publish it) to thewellseasonedcook AT yahoo DOT com.  Archived recipes will be allowed if they are reposted as current and link to this announcement.  Multiple recipes, the more the merrier this month, are also encouraged, as are those from cooks who do not blog.  Everyone with the exception of my family and friends will be included in the drawing/s.  Use of the logo is optional.

I welcome you joining me for this edition of MLLA.  Thanks always for making MLLA as special to you as it is to me.

*F.T.C. Disclosure - I did request and receive two bean products from Hurst Bean in 2009.  These  items of nominal cost were not available in my local markets for purchase by me.  

N.B. - For those of you still waiting on the May MLLA round-up, Priya, who has been traveling extensively for several weeks, has now returned home and is diligently organizing your recipes for publication very soon.  I will note the round-up on Facebook and Twitter as soon as it is available so that we can all catch up on our cooking and learn of the winner/s for that month.

13 comments:

  1. Hurrah for My Legume Love Affair #50! Thanks Susan for creating the event and keeping it alive and thriving. Need to start thinking about a nice dish to celebrate the golden edition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the roundup!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Cheers,

    Rosa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Susan. It says a lot that your popular event is celebrating a 50th birthday and still going strong. :)
    I'll do my best to be a part of this anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Susan, happy to see the 50th MLLA. Sending an entry to the event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo - that's a phenomenal achievement. I'm travelling throughout August so probably will not be able to enter but will stay tuned for the lovely legume round up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 years and agoing strong, congratulations for creating a very popular event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for creating this wonderful event. I shall be e-mailing you with my entry. Thanks also for the prize I won.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this?! Even though I can't seem to get it together to actually post for MLLA, I love that it is still going strong. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I am unable to send email.. I keep getting it back. I would like to post my entry - http://nivedhanams.blogspot.in/2012/08/toffai-tofu-dosai.html

    Thanks

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count me in :-) Congratulations for creating this delicious event!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan,

    I am MADHU from India. I want to participate in the event ans send you mail. i do not know why it bounce back every time. I also participated in Simona's event and sent so many entries.
    Kindly fix the problem.

    thanks
    paricashkitchen.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, everyone, for your well wishes.

    To those who have been having email delivery problems, do try again at:
    thewellseasonedcook AT yahoo DOT com.
    I apologize for the problem, but I do think it is corrected.

    ReplyDelete