Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekend Herb Blogging #306 Hosted Here

Turks Turban Squash
Turks Turban Squash, as edible as it is decorative.

While I am happy as always to be hosting Weekend Herb Blogging, the very long-running, popular, and easy-to-join weekly event, I am having a heck of a time choosing which vegetable, fruit, or any other plant-based ingredient to prepare my recipe post. Decisions seem to be especially difficult in the fall since there are dozens of varieties of squash and apples alone, in addition to pears, Brussels sprouts, turnips, sweet potatoes and yams, and cranberries.

But I am not worried. There is plenty of time left to prepare something sweet or savory to meet the deadline of 3:00 p.m. Utah time, tomorrow, October 24. The rules are easy to follow, and the possible choices, a fraction of which I just praised, qualify for participation. For the full details, please take a look at this page, prepared by Haalo of Cook Almost Anything at Least Once, who is mistress of this event.

I thank Haalo for the opportunity to host again, as well as those special, talented cooks and bakers who have already sent me their delightful recipe posts. I am very much looking forward to compiling the round-up, which will be online Monday evening, October 25, New York time. I'll see you soon!

~~~~~~~~~~

(On a short, separate note, I am still working through visiting all the BWW posts I have received over the last two weeks. My wireless internet signal has been very weak, with frequent, frustrating crashes daily, but my efficiency will improve greatly once Scott installs a new router gizmo tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'm commandeering *his* computer. Thank you for your patience.)

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Looking forward to the roundup!

Cheers,

Rosa

Pam said...

Can't wait to see the roundup!