Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Black and White Wednesday - A Culinary Gallery - Week #8

Thanks for your patience today. My Internet connection was infuriatingly slow, no doubt due to extensive post-Irene damage in the area. Well, some things are beyond control, and some folks have it far harder than others. If you would like to join next week's gallery, here are the details. Thanks to all who have already contributed. I am delighted how BWW has caught on, and am more and more impressed every week with your talents. See you soon!

1RajaniFudge!
Fudge!
Rajanai - My Kitchen Trials

~~~~~~~~~~

30PaperCoffeeParcelsGourmetGetaways.

2TheresaGirlinMyCoffeeSra

3SusieOliveOil

4LunchtimeGnocchiBarbara

5ArfiIceTeaTutaksCafe_edited-1

6AlessandraBlackCoffee
Black Coffee
Alessandra - Alessanda Zecchini

~~~~~~~~~~

7KrithiFirstStarbucksStore

8PomegranatesChinmayie
Pomegranates
Chinmayie - Love Food Eat

~~~~~~~~~~~

13TikaCemplengCemplung
Tika - Cemplang Cemplung

~~~~~~~~~~

10ShilpaYummiliciousBiteOff

Bite Off!
Shilpa - Yummilicious

~~~~~~~~~~~

11SiaMonsoonSpiceBandWEggs
Eggs
Sia - Monsoon Spice

~~~~~~~~~~

12CinziaBreakfastinFiculdi
Breakfast in Filicudi
Cinzia - Cindystar

~~~~~~~~~~~

15GrillTimeSandrasEasyCooking

16RosaCassataCupcakeWine

18FinlaFlourWindmillMyKitchenTreasures

17BirthdayPartyLynne
Birthday Party
Lynne - Cafe Lynnylu

~~~~~~~~~~

19DivinitySiriCookingwithSiri
Divinity
Siri - Cooking with Siri

~~~~~~~~~~

20SomaTreasuresfromHome
Treasures from Home
Soma - eCurry

~~~~~~~~~~

21SomaFlowersinTeapot
Flowers in Teapot
Soma - eCurry

~~~~~~~~~~

23LastGarnishHaalo

22MadhuJicamaSalad

24AamaVadai_ParuppuVaidaiSizzlingTastebuds

25SimonaMaizeBreadCloche
The Magic of Bread
Simona - Briciole

~~~~~~~~~~

26ReachingLana
Reaching
Lana - Bibberche

~~~~~~~~~~

27MushroomsOnionsSohini
Mushrooms and Onions
Cassia Bark - Cassia Bark

~~~~~~~~~~

28PuffedUpCoolLassie
Puffed-Up
Cool Lassie - Pan Gravy Kadai Curry

~~~~~~~~~~

29Colazione all'ItalianaBrii
Peppers
Rinku - Cooking in Westchester

~~~~~~~~~~~~

43PriyaMenon - Vada Sambhar
Vada Sambhar
Priya Menon (A reader)

~~~~~~~~~~

44AreUReadyforaChatSarassKitchen
Saraswathi - Saras's Kitchen

~~~~~~~~~~

BWCoffeePot
Tall and Proud
Susan - The Well-Seasoned Cook


14 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Wow, what an awesome roundup! It seems to grow bigger every week. Great.

Cheers,

Rosa

Dzoli said...

Wow!With one word fantastic pics.Enjoyed everyoen of them.CXoffee face looks interesting:)

Simona said...

I can imagine how trying it was to upload photos to your blog with a slow connection. I have savored all the photos so far and will come back later for more. Thanks! Hope the cake is coming along well.

Sandra said...

wow Susan, these really look wonderful..Thank you again for hosting such an event!

Barbara said...

Some great photos Susan.

Lidia Sianturi said...

Hi Susan..I have sent my entry for this week this afternoon. Hope you got it. Thank you.

sra said...

Hope your connection picks up speed overnight! Thanks for the round-up!

Happy Cook / Finla said...

Loved seeing all the B&W picture in one place.

Elizabeth said...

This is fantastic. I do love black and white photos and can't thank you enough for starting this event, Susan.

Elizabeth said...

I forgot to add a note about your lovely enamel?? pot. (Is it for tea or coffee?) Very nice photo indeed.

Lana said...

Looking at these photos made me smile:) Nothing can lift me up as much as small expressions of beauty. I am so happy to be a part of this event as all of you inspire me and make me strive for better:)

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Awesome collection of pictures. My favorite this week: Hanging pots of Olive Oil!

Soma said...

what beauties! and Susan cannot thank you enough for drawing me in to trying out this entirely new B/W world of love :)

Susan said...

Thanks, Rosa.

Dzoli - Isn't it fun to scroll through? Thanks!

Simona - I don't know what's w/ my browser/s (I switch fr/ Chrome to Firefox and back, satisfied w/ neither). Even though we are well connected, the strength is only around 20%, for several days now. And it is very frustrating. I realize we get spoiled by our expectations of speed, but waiting 10 seconds for each connection really makes you sweat the deadlines.

Hi, Sandra! Thank you!

Barbara - I agree. Thanks.

Lidia - Done. ; )

Sra - Still waiting...for Godot. ; )

Hi, Finla - Glad you are enjoying it. Thanks!

Elizabeth - I think it was overdue. Happy you could join in with your java. Thanks! (I strongly suspect it's a coffee pot although it would also work for tea. It's about 10 inches tall, of porcelain or a more refined earthenware. Its natural markings are cobalt against off-white.)

Lana - Good. You need to smile. I am very happy that this event can lift your spirits and inspire you to explore more photography. XOXO

Cool Lassie - Thanks. I know - it's so cool.

Soma - My pleasure, and my aim is to lure. : D