Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Black and White Wednesday - Culinary Photography - Week #1

Welcome to Week #1 of Black and White Wednesday - A Culinary Photography Event. The details for participation in this weekly gallery can be found here. Please note that there are a few very minor changes which I have made since the initial announcement to broaden the appeal and qualify more photographers to join in. I want to make this event as inclusive and friendly as possible while maintaining some order.

1) Given the inexact and debatable nature of the definition of monochrome/grayscale, and that color monitors are not equally calibrated, nor do our very human eyes register color exactly as those of the next gal/fellow, I will also feature monochrome/grayscale images with sepia and cyanotype tones in addition to the obviously well-known and traditional B/Ws. Please know, though, that B/Ws tinted pink, purple, green, cobalt, etc., are best suited elsewhere; perhaps there is a Flickr group which specializes in these images.

2) Those who have photography blogs which are not food driven may also participate, as long as your images are of a culinary nature and follow the guidelines in the announcement (see link above). I will link to your photo posts and homepages with the images featured. I'd love to see you here, too.

It is understood that all images featured every week are owned by the respective photographers and protected by copyright. They appear here at the permission and courtesy of the owners. All Rights Reserved.

I will be accepting and uploading your images and links until mid-to-late evening New York time every Wednesday. If I've signed off by the time you email me, please be assured that yours will be among the first photos featured the following week.

Thanks so much for contributing your fine talents. I am so very delighted by what has come our way already. You have no idea how you rock!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I'm going to have to work on some food black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely B&W pics so far. Thanks for including me and your nice comment on my pic.
    yes it's true we haven't been in touch for ages but it is nice to meet up again ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clicks! I have to take part in that event... ;-)

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shiitake. It looks so elegant and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susan for starting this, as its definitely time the food in B&W got its due. Can see some really lovely pictures here.
    Will try to be here as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also wanted to say I liked the portrayal of the mushroom very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! Thanks for including my photo and leaving such a lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely pictures!Love the idea of this event. In fact wanted to post a picture yesterday, but kept postponing it to later ....Will certainly join in next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much, everyone! The more the merrier. It was a nice turn-out for the very first week. I had a lot of fun with this, so much inspiring talent!

    Kelly - Thx. It did, however, taste much better in color. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea, and great photos, Susan. I might have to see if I can do something one of these weeks. I really love b/w photos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete