Hello, everyone! It's my great pleasure to announce that MLLA 27 is being hosted here by me on The Well-Seasoned Cook. I'd like to follow the traditional of thanking the creator for allowing me the opportunity of hosting this long-running and popular event, but that would be just plain silly, so I will thank you instead. Without your great recipes, generosity, and work (yes, blogging is work, no matter how much fun), MLLA would not be enjoying the great success that it has since I launched the event back in February 2008.
So, with gratitude for, and in honor of, all the fine cooks who enjoy MLLA, I am tweaking the monthly prizes/random drawing structure to make your time here just a little more appetizing:
* NEW: Pick-Your-Own Prize - Choose any food-related book from Amazon U.S. with a value of up to 15USD (not including shipping). I will order the book and ship it worldwide at my expense. (F.T.C. Notice: I do not receive any compensation from Amazon.)
* Hurst Bean Prize - The winner's choice of six (6) Hurst Bean products, suitable for all diets. Hurst Bean sponsors this prize. Due to shipping restrictions, this prize will only be awarded to a U.S. resident. (F.T.C. Notice: I do not receive any routine compensation from Hurst Bean, although I did recently request two products of nominal value which are not available in my local markets. This has been the sole exception.)
* Drawing Structure - As has been the procedure in the past, in the event that the winner of the overall pool is a U.S. resident, that winner will be awarded both the book and Hurst Bean prizes. NEW: In the event that an international winner is drawn, a second drawing will be conducted from the pool of U.S. participants to ensure that every month the Hurst Bean prize will be awarded. The international winner will receive the book, and the U.S. winner will receive the Hurst Bean prize.
To participate, please:
* Post a recipe featuring legumes between now and September 30, linking it to this announcement. Send your post to thewellseasonedcook AT yahoo DOT com with MLLA in the subject line.
* Your choice of recipes is very broad. As much as legumes are most commonly known as fresh or dried beans, peas, lentils and pulses, they are also the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds. Add to the list alfalfa, fenugreek, peanuts, carob, tamarind, and other members of the Fabaceae or Leguminosae family, as well as derivatives such tofu, and bean flours and noodles, and you'll have a hard time focusing on just one. All courses and cuisines (vegetarian/vegan/non-vegetarian) are welcome, as long as legumes are the dominant ingredient. (Please note: In France, vegetables of all sorts are known as légumes. They are not included in this event.)
* Multiple recipes are permitted (although only one submission will be counted towards the random drawing/s).
* Recipes submitted to other events are also permitted.
* Recipes from archives can be accepted ONLY if updated and reposted as current.
* Recipes from those who are not bloggers are welcome. Please send me your name, location, recipe, and optional photo. I will ensure you are included in the drawing/s and round-up.
* Location of each participant is necessary so that I will know who qualifies to win the Hurst Bean prize, shipped to U.S. residents only. If you don't want your location published in the round-up, please indicate this in your email so that I can maintain your privacy.
* Use of logo is optional.
* Photo is preferred, but not essential, with a width or length dimension of 400 pixels.
* I will post the round-up and winner/s announcement during first week of October.
* My family and personal friends are not eligible to win any prize.
I'm very much looking forward to your recipes. Thanks again for allowing me to dine at your tables.